Every now and then I’ll put together a post to let you know how the logistics of my plans are proceeding. At this point, my ultimate goal and plan are still shrouded in mystery (for good reason), but this is me exercising prudence. Yeah, I’ve never been very good at that.
- You might notice the spiffy new banner at the top of the page. My good buddies over at Hop & Jaunt designed it and they did an excellent job. I was blown away by the concepts they delivered and their speedy service, and I highly recommend them to anyone seeking graphic design services. To top it off, Aly and John are just good people. “Hop” on over to their website and check it out.
- I’ve also signed up for Google AdSense. At some point, I will want this website to make money for me, but I’ve been chewing on where to put these ads. I really like the look of the site without ads, so this mental battle is more of me lamenting the despoiling of something pristine. It’s especially problematic with the way I’ve skinned the widgets on the page – I’m not looking forward to putting such visual emphasis on ads. If you have any thoughts or great ideas about incorporating ads please share them.
- I’ll likely continue to add additional page content as plans firm up. To be honest, I haven’t fully realized how the final schedule and content of Traveling Savage will play out. The majority of the posts so far have been on topics that interest me, mostly about the process of travel since I’m not currently on any trips. I really enjoy writing these posts, but as I hit the road expect there to be more travel reports and correlations of travel experiences to greater themes.
7 Things You Might Not Know About Traveling Savage
- I will not be doing a standard round-the-world trip. I am planning one-month deployments possibly four times a year.
- I will be traveling solo, without my long-time travel companion Sarah (though she’s behind me 100%).
- I will be focusing on experiential travel wherever I go.
- I am mostly an introvert, so this will be challenging.
- I’ve only ever been to Europe, but every place is on the table now.
- I’m interested in the works of Tim Ferriss and Seth Godin. Glean from that what you will.
- Late 2010.
This blog has been live for just over two months and I’ve met a lot of great folks through the comments and on Twitter. Thanks for following along, and I hope you’ll continue to read me and share with others.
Thoughts or questions? Put them in the comments.