Media & Press
Traveling Savage – Media & Press Kit
Traveling Savage is a highly-regarded travel Web site and blog featuring stories and travel advice focused on Scotland. The site receives 34,000+ page views/12,000+ unique visitors each month from 100+ countries and draws a dedicated following via social media channels. Readers are well-educated, worldly, nature-loving individuals often with a desire to explore their Scottish ancestry. Keith strives to cover the cultural, historical, and natural breadth of Scotland through narratives and recommendations carefully crafted with a wry sense of humor and poetic sensibility. Click the image on the right to download the Traveling Savage Media Sheet.
Topics on Traveling Savage include:
- THE HISTORY, NATURE, AND CULTURE OF SCOTLAND. From Pictish symbol stones to endangered golden eagles to traditional Perthshire Scottish folk music, Keith’s interests are wide ranging but always rooted in Scotland. Read: Hiking Beinn Eighe, Britain’s Oldest Nature Reserve or Breabach Kicks in Glenfiddich’s Warehouse No. 1.
- TRIP PLANNING & LOGISTICS. Many readers visit Traveling Savage for Scotland travel tips and recommendations from an authority on the topic. Read: Why I’m Going to Scotland and You Should Too or Planning a Trip to Scotland, Part 1. See also the trip-planning services I offer.
- WHISKY. As a whisky aficionado and recent international ambassador for the Spirit of Speyside Whisky Festival, Scotland’s national drink is dear to Keith’s heart. He’s doing his best to visit every distillery – 40 and counting! Read: Honest-to-Goodness Drams at Deanston or Whisky Valhalla: An Epic Visit to Orkney’s Highland Park.
- LUXURY ACCOMMODATION & ACTIVITY REVIEWS. Traveling solo is rarely easy, so Keith soothes the soul by pursuing Scotland’s luxury accommodations and activities. Read: Over Hill and Under Hill: My Return to Trochelhill or Luxury Highland Hospitality at the Torridon Hotel.
- FESTIVAL & CITY GUIDES. Festivals and cities like Edinburgh and Glasgow always merit multiple articles. Keith usually provides retrospectives and round-ups as well. Read: How to Rock the Shetland Folk Festival or Tapping Into the Spirit of Speyside.
- MEDITATIONS ON SCOTLAND’S AESTHETICS. Whenever a scene steals the breath, Keith makes a note, takes a photo, and lets the moment marinate until poetic inspiration strikes. Read: Picture This: Wroth at Neist Point or Picture This: Applecrossing the Heavens.
Why Work With a Savage?
In Traveling Savage’s four years, it has been frequently ranked among the top 100 travel blogs by numerous online sources (here, others) and lauded for its focus on a single destination. Traveling Savage is a site overflowing with knowledge and boundless enthusiasm for Scotland created by an independent authority on Scottish travel and tourism. With exposure and advertising on Traveling Savage, it’s possible to reach a highly-targeted, destination-driven, and commercial demographic. Readers often use the site for trip planning and research, and they have been known to purchase services, visit recommended Web sites, and build and alter itineraries based on the recommendations published on Traveling Savage and via one-on-one consultation. There are many ways we can work together, including:
- Press trips pertaining to the themes of Traveling Savage
- Sponsorships targeted for specific events or travel purposes
- Online advertising or other creative marketing initiatives
- Social media promotions and trips
- Contests, giveaways, and featured articles about select products & services
Sponsorships – Selected History
Keith regularly works with local Scottish tourism agencies, small and large businesses, and festival boards to promote events, services, and tourism goals. You can learn more about specific partnerships by viewing the links below.
- Shetland Folk Festival
Press coverage of the 31st annual Shetland Folk Festival
- MoraySpeyside Tourism
A week-long dive into MoraySpeyside’s tourism riches
- Spirit of Speyside Whisky Festival
Press coverage of the 13th annual Spirit of Speyside Whisky Festival
- Kentucky Bourbon Trail
Press trip around the distilleries on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail
Site Statistics and Demographics
Google Analytics statistics, July 1, 2016 – July 31, 2016
- Global Traffic: USA (49%), UK (19%), Canada (7%), Australia (3%), India, Singapore, Germany
- Education: College and graduate-level degrees *via Alexa
Facebook Insights for Traveling Savage
- Pagerank: 4
- Domain Authority: 40
Social media statistics
Traveling Savage is active across all major social media networks, with sizable followings on Twitter, Facebook, and Google+ and growing fan bases on Instagram and Foursquare.
- Twitter: 11.1k+ followers
- Facebook: 3.6k+ fans
- Google+: 2.9k+ followers
- Klout Score: 54
Selected features and accolades
- Honored as International Ambassador of the Year 2013 by the Spirit of Speyside Whisky Festival (related article).
- Top 5 destination-focused blogs on Travel Trade Gazette (TTG).
- Top 100 independent travel blog.
- Featured in AFAR’s editor’s picks.
- Featured on Forbes online Lifestyle section.
- Featured in site-relevant niche publications like the Benromach Speyside Single Malt Scotch Whisky trade magazine and Pints of View, the newsletter for CAMRA’s Edinburgh chapter.
- Named EasyJet blogger of the month for March 2012.
- Read additional features and accolades.
Keith’s frequent State of the Savage posts and About page tell the story of how Keith came to be the one of the pre-eminent Scotland-focused travel bloggers, but not succinctly so there’s this: After nearly eight years working as a technical and sales writer in corporate America’s medical health software field, Keith quit his job to track his passions across the globe. These days Keith writes about Scotland, whisky, and imaginary places from his home in Madison, Wisconsin in between trips abroad. He is hard at work on his debut novel set on a fictional island heavily inspired by Scotland.
For additional information, questions, or proposals, contact Keith at email@example.com or use the Contact page. You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Instagram among other social media channels.